Move - In
Space ONLY Exhibitors
Exhibitors and contractors who are building space only stands will have access between the following hours to set up:
|Monday||22nd July||10.00am-10.00pm||Build Access|
|Tuesday||23rd July||7.00am-6.00pm||Build Access|
- All Space Only Exhibitors will be allocated a move-in time. If you have not been received a scheduled time please contact Matthew Verdolini at Agility.
- Agility will allocate a move in time and access time for the loading dock. Please ensure you or your contractor have been in contact with Agility to arrange a suitable time to access the loading dock.
- Please liaise with your stand builder regarding a suitable time for you to dress and stock your stand. If you require access to the loading dock, please contact Agility arrange a suitable time as above.
- Vehicles must be moved from the loading dock area as soon as unloading is completed.
- Only vehicles over 1.8m high can access the loading dock, all other vehicles will be redirected to the ICC Sydney car park. Vehicles under 1.8m can access the hall from the ICC Car Park utilising lift 6 and 15 only.
- Please ensure all stands are finished by 6pm on Tuesday 23 July. STRICTLY NO ACCESS on the morning of show open for any stand build or construction. Contractors will not be given access on the opening morning. All tools, ladders, building equipment, rubbish and storage must be removed by 6pm on Tuesday 23 July. If it is left in the halls overnight, it may be deemed as rubbish and removed.
Shell Scheme Exhibitors
Exhibitors will have access between the following hours to set up:
|Tuesday||23rd July||10.00am - 6:00pm|
- If you require access to the loading docks please contact Matthew Verdolini at Agility to schedule a move-in time.
- Only vehicles greater than 1.8m high will be provided access to the loading dock. All vehicles under 1.8m high will need to use the ICC Sydney car park.
- For safety reasons, there will be STRICTLY NO ENTRY for exhibitors prior to 10am on Tuesday 23 July.
- Shell scheme stands will be ready to be occupied from 10am on Tuesday 23 July, these times are for exhibitors to deliver their goods and set up their stands.
- Only vehicles over 1.8m high can access the loading dock, all other vehicles will be redirected to the ICC car park. Vehicles under 1.8m can access the hall from the ICC Sydney Car Park utilising lift 6 and 15 only.
- Large deliveries can be made through the loading dock, Hall 6.
- Vehicles must be moved from the loading dock area as soon as unloading is completed. A maximum of 15 minutes is allowed on the dock for unloading and fines may be issued if this time is exceeded. Please liaise with loading dock staff if you require additional time for unloading.
- Upon arrival please check your stand is built to your order. Any problems relating to your stand construction please see Moreton Hire, their customer service desk will be located at the front of Hall 6.
- Please ensure all stands are entirely finished by 6pm on Tuesday 23 July. There will be STRICTLY NO ACCESS on the morning of show open for any stand build or construction. Contractors will not be given access on the opening morning. All tools, ladders, building equipment, rubbish and storage must be removed by 6pm on Tuesday 23 July . If it is left in the halls overnight, it may be deemed as rubbish and removed.
Power to the stand will be turned off the evenings of Tuesday 23 July and Wednesday 24 July. If you require 24hr power to your stand, please contact our Operations Manager
The opening hours are as follows:
|The opening hours are as follows:|
|Wednesday||24th July||9.30am - 5.00pm|
|Thursday||25th July||9.30am - 5.00pm|
|Friday||26th July||9.30am - 3.30pm|
Exhibitors will be able to gain entry up to two hours before the opening time each day. Access to your stand is for stand dressing and product replenishing only.
Exhibitor Service Desk
The Exhibitors Service Desk is located on level 4, front of hall 5 and will be open from 7.30am each morning. The telephone number for the office is +61 02 9215 7397
Space Only Stands
Exhibitors booking space only sites are responsible for the construction of their exhibit which must meet all requirements of the exhibition and the authorities. Each exhibitor is responsible for erecting a partition wall 2.5 meters in height between the exhibitor’s site and the adjoining site. Exhibitors wishing to erect partitions exceeding 2.5 meters must obtain written approval from Diversified Communications (Security Expo). Where permission is granted, the exhibitor becomes responsible for both sides of the partition wall above 2.5 meters. It must be of solid construction, suitably decorated on the reverse side and to the requirements of the adjoining exhibitor but carry no advertising material where the elevation overlooks the neighbouring stand.
Shell Scheme Stands
Shell scheme stands include walls, carpet, lighting and fascia with the name and stand number of the exhibitor. Please refer to the Shell Specification to find out if your stand includes or does NOT include power.
The company name style is uniform, and the fascia may not be altered or covered in any way. Exhibitors shall be liable for any damages to the stand structure incurred during the exhibition.
Exhibitor Name Badges
Each person working on your stand requires an exhibitor badge. Exhibitor name badges can be collected from the Exhibitors Service Desk located on level 4, at the front of Hall 5 from 8am on Tuesday 23rd July .
Any staff working at the exhibition should tell the security guard their stand number and present a business card and they will be directed to the Exhibitors Service Desk to collect a badge.
Please ensure that you have Registered to avoid delays in getting these made up onsite.
Note: Exhibitor badges are non-transferable.
Work Health and Safety Check List
Work Health & Safety (WHS) is a major priority for Diversified Communications Australia and the venue. Diversified Communications Australia will aim to create and maintain a safe working environment for all contractors, exhibitors and visitors.
To comply with these standards please note the following requirements in relation to your participation in the Expo.
In particular we have implemented the following:
- The wearing of safety vests will be enforced by the organiser and security staff during move in and move out. It is expected that stand contractors will supply safety vests for their own staff. Diversified Communications will provide loan safety vests for exhibitors and will have a supply of these at each open loading dock and concourse door during move in and move out.
- No children of 15 years or under will be allowed on site during move in and move out.
- No open toe shoes to be worn during move in and move out in the exhibition centre or on the loading dock.
- The consumption of alcohol is strictly forbidden during move in and move out.
Please ensure that if you are booking a SPACE ONLY site that you provide the name of your stand builder for custom built stands by completing the Stand Design Requirements Form. All Stand builders must forward a copy of their PLI Insurance, Workcover and WH&S policy to Diversified Communications Australia before they will be permitted on site.
Stand builders and contractors conducting high-risk works are to complete a venue induction before going onsite. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get your company setup if it hasn’t been done so yet. If you company is already set up, please get in touch with your company administrator to have the induction link issued.
A number of aisles have been designated as clear ways for forklifts and pedestrians. These will also be indicated on-site with signage. In order to maintain a safe working site, no stock can be placed in these aisles and all aisles should remain clear as possible during construction and dismantling.
Click here to down load the current clear aisle floorplan.
Exhibitors must provide their own safety vests for the move-in and move-out periods. It is mandatory that safety vests be worn on the loading dock at all times and in the hall during move-in and move-out periods or whilst any plant or machinery is operating. There will be a limited number of used vests available for use located at all entrances to the pavilions. Vests will be issued on a first come first served basis and must be returned every time you leave the bays.
ICC Sydney recognises it has a responsibility to provide for the health and safety of Clients, Patrons, Exhibitors and Agents.
All Emergency services need to be coordinated through the Event security to ensure that the emergency vehicles are given the correct information. All security staff are qualified in First Aid procedures. For any first aid requirements please visit security on the show floor or go to the Organiser’s office where security can be contacted.
In the event of an emergency, one of two alarms may sound:
Alert alarm – “Beep! Beep! Beep!” This is a warning alarm to notify everyone of a possible emergency. If it sounds, please stand by for further instructions.
Evacuation alarm – “Whoop! Whoop!” This alarm means all occupants must evacuate. When it sounds, wardens will direct everyone to leave via the nearest exits quickly but calmly and assemble at the nearest evacuation point where they are to remain until ICC Sydney staff advise that it is safe to return.
Deliveries to your stand need to be carefully managed to avoid any delays or damage.
IMPORTANT – If you require access to the loading dock for delivering and unloading your goods, you must contact Agility to arrange a move in time. If you turn up outside of your allocated access time you may be turned away at the Loading Dock.
- The loading dock is strictly used for drop off/pick up of goods. To keep the loading dock moving please move your vehicle away from this area as soon as you have finished unloading. Parking is limited to 15 minutes on the loading dock area and cars may be fined if left on the dock for a period longer than this. Please liaise directly with the loading dock staff should you require additional time to unload. All vehicles under 1.8m will be directed to use the car park beneath the venue to avoid .
- If you are using a courier company, please take care to attach a completed Delivery Label to each item. As most couriers will not leave goods without a signature we recommend that a member of your staff be present during deliveries. The Organisers cannot accept deliveries on your behalf.
- If you require a Forklift, please contact Agility to book a time. Forklifts may be booked on-site but there may be a delay and additional costs. Hand trolleys may be borrowed at no charge from the Agility service desk. Photo identification will be required to ‘borrow a trolley’. For safety reasons, trolleys will not be allowed on the exhibition floor once the exhibition is open.
- Deliveries cannot be made during the open hours of the exhibition. Exhibitors can gain entry 2 hours prior to the show opening each day for deliveries and re-stocking stands. If necessary, please organise deliveries each morning at least 30 minutes prior to opening time. Delivery vehicles may use loading dock 6 each morning.
If you need to speak to one of the official suppliers during move-in please visit their site desk. The following official suppliers will have a customer service desk on-site during move-in:
|Exhibitor Badges||Security Expo||Exhibitor Services Desk, Level 4, front of Hall 5|
|Electrical & Lighting Supplier||Moreton Hire||Front of Hall 6|
|Furniture Hire||Moreton Hire||Front of Hall 6|
|Furniture Hire||ExpoNet||Front of Hall 6|
|Sales Lead App||InfoSalons||Level 4, Registration Desk 6|
|Audio Hire & Equipment Hire||MicroHire||Contact via Exhibitor Services Desk|
|Rigging||Cliffton Productions||Contact via Exhibitor Services Desk|
|Freight, Storage & Forklift||Agility||Onsite Desk front of Loading Dock 6|
If you are using your own trades’ people, make sure that they are suitably qualified and adhere to the rules and regulations of the exhibition. All electrical or plumbing work must be carried out by the official contractor.
Companies with outstanding amounts will not be allowed to occupy their stand. For information on accounts please contact Account Receivable on +61 3 9261 4500 or email@example.com
It is recommended that exhibitors consider their storage needs (of packing crates and freight forwarding materials) for the duration of the exhibition. Exhibitors may not leave boxes and packing material in the exhibition display area during the show.
There is limited on-site secure storage with lockable door (2m2 minimum) available at the rear of the hall at $250 per m2. If you are interested this can be arranged by your Security Client Manager.
Cost of off site storage is $65.00 per m³ for duration of event. Contact Agility for your storage service.
Security Guards will be on duty throughout the exhibition however for practical and legal reasons organiser’s are unable to accept responsibility for any loss or damage to persons or personal property. No Exceptions: Exhibitors must have adequate property and public liability insurance in connection with the exhibition. We strongly advise you that all personal belongings are secure at all times during move-in, exhibition times and move-out.
For any additional services we strongly recommend that orders are placed before their due date to avoid disappointment or a late surcharge fee. Sometimes these services can be booked on-site but the cost is generally much higher and often subject to availability.
For any additional services please visit the Exhibitor Services Website.
Test & Tagging
All electrical equipment must be tested & tagged in accordance with the Australian Standard 3760. For further information contact Moreton Hire.
ICC Sydney operates two 24hour car parking stations with a total of 826 parking spaces including 11 disabled parking bays, 25 motorcycle parking spaces, 50 bicycle racks and 20 electric car charge spaces. Vehicle entry height is 1.8m.
During Move-In and Move-Out
Exhibitor car parking rate, if exceeding more than 1 hr is $25.00 and applies during move in and move out days only. Tickets can be validated at the ICC Sydney Service Desk beside Hall 4 on Level 2. The first 10 minutes is free, you can access the hall from the ICC Car Park utilising lift 6 and 15 only.
All other days are charged at the standard rates; 1st Hr. $18 – Max $49.00.
Vehicles on stand
Any exhibitor who is planning to include a vehicle on their stand must notify the Organisers of their intentions no later than 21 days prior to commencement of the exhibition.
The Organisers requires details of the delivery together with details of the dimensions and weight of the vehicle. Upon arrival a set of keys must be supplied to the Organisers Office for the duration of the event. ICC Sydney Security retains the right to inspect any vehicle leaving the premises after unloading/loading before, during and after the exhibition.
In the interests of public safety and security, exhibitors planning to include a vehicle on their stand are requested to comply with the following:
- Place a drip tray underneath vehicle.
- Ensure that vehicles carry no more than 5L of fuel (not including fuel that may be present in the fuel line and engine). Lock/Seal fuel tanks to prevent removal by third parties.
- For vehicles fueled by ethanol, methanol or nitro methane, the fuel tanks must be completely empty
- Place carpet under tyres.
ICC have the exclusive rights to supply and sell any food and drink for consumption within the venue. A full range of take-away items will be available from the food outlets within the exhibition halls.
For on-stand catering/hospitality please contact the Venue’s Exhibitor Services or complete the ICC Sydney Catering form.
Public Address System
During the open period of the exhibition the public-address system can only be used in an emergency situation. The paging of exhibitors or visitors is not possible, but messages may be left at the Organiser’s.
Security Expo App
Get the official mobile app for Security Exhibition 2019
The southern hemispheres largest security industry event is now even more accessible on the new Security Exhibition 2019 mobile app.
Simply search ‘Security Exhibition 2019’ on iTunes or Google Play then download.
Show Attendee List Scam
WARNING: HOAX THIRD PARTY EMAILS AND LETTERS
Please be aware that the Security Expo has been the target of groups trying to take advantage of the event’s size and success. Some exhibitors are getting phone calls and e-mail messages from individuals offering all types of services from fake exhibition directories and attendee databases, to travel/hotel arrangements and transportation services.
The Security Expo and its official vendors do not sell, rent or distribute attendee lists in any way, nor do we send e-mails via Gmail/Yahoo/Hotmail accounts. All official communication comes from a Diversified Communications Australia email account (@divcom.net.au). Any communication suggesting otherwise is not affiliated with Security Expo in any way. We recommend you do not click on any links from e-mails from these types of accounts or from any that look suspicious. All Div Com preferred suppliers are included within our exhibitor website and portal.
Your banner must fall within your stand area and must not encroach on aisle-ways or adjoining stands. Double-sided banners must hang at least one meter in from the boundary of your stand. To arrange the rigging of a banner please contact Clifton Productions
To avoid obvious disputes, the distribution of promotional material or samples must be confined to your own stand. You are reminded that your exhibits and stand fitting must remain within the boundary of the space booked. Please design your stand accordingly as encroachment into the aisle will not be allowed. Exhibitors are not permitted to distribute promotional material in aisles or at the entrance to the exhibition. There is also a total ban on visitors canvassing within the exhibition. Please let us know if you see either of these things happening near your stand and our staff will have it stopped.
The exhibition aisles and bins are cleaned throughout the day. Stand floors are cleaned and bins emptied each night. Stand cleaning is also included in the charge for exhibition space. Please notify the organisers if you will be producing a lot of waste during the exhibition as additional charges may be applied.
In line with exhibitor requests we have restricted visitor entry to business people only. Please include this in any promotion you may undertake and note the same restrictions apply to exhibitors. All onsite visitor registrations will be charged at $25 (plus gst) per person; to avoid this fee visitors can register online at any time during the exhibition.
Every visitor will be issued with a bar coded name badge to assist you to identify them.
Sales Lead Tracker App is the easy way to collect and follow up on your sales leads. You can browse, sort and download your leads from anywhere in the world 24/7. Info Salons provides each exhibitor with a unique secure username and password to access the leads instantly.
Stand Sales Lead Tracker App scans and records the visitor information from their badge. Each activation key is $75 + GST. For further information on the App please visit the website or contact Info-Salons .
Tickets to Networking Events can be purchased through the registration page.
The Future of Security Breakfast
Held on the first day of the Security Exhibition & Conference, the Future of Security Breakfast is the ideal opportunity to connect with industry professionals and colleagues over a light breakfast and keynote presentation.
Keynote Speaker: Shara Evans, World-renowned Futurist
Date: Wednesday 24 July, 2019 – 8.00am – 9.30am
Location: Level 5, International Convention Centre, Sydney
Price: $83 incl. GST
The 2019 Networking Drinks will take place on the Level 5 Terrace, International Convention Centre, Sydney with drinks and canapes included for all exhibitors. Visitors can purchase tickets via the registration page.
Date: Wednesday 25 July 5:15pm – 6:45pm
Location: Level 5 Terrace, International Convention Centre, Sydney
2019 Gala Dinner
The annual Gala Dinner hosted in partnership with ASIAL recognises achievements from the year in the security industry. The Gala Dinner will be hosted by author, public speaker and commentator, Jean Kittson and comedian, Vince Sorrenti. Incorporating fine wine, canapes, a two-course meal and live entertainment. The evening also recognises the Best New Product Awards.
Date: Thursday 25 July, 2019 – 6.30pm – 10.30pm
Sydney Town Hall
483 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Move - OUT
Exhibitors can dismantle their stands during the following times:
|Shell Scheme Stands & Space Only Product Removal|
|Friday||26th July||4.00 - 7.00pm|
|Space Only Stands & Contractors|
|Friday||26th July||7.00pm - 10.00pm|
|Saturday||27th July||7.00am - 2.00pm|
Please read the following instructions carefully and share them with your staff.
- No stands may be dismantled before the exhibition closes at 3.30pm.
- After closing there will be a 30-minute delay while the building is made safe and cleared of all visitors.
- Move out will not commence until every person within the halls is wearing a safety vest.
- Contractors may commence stand dismantle from 7.00 pm Friday 26 July.
- All Shell Scheme exhibitors must be completely moved out by 7.00pm Friday 26 July.
- Space only exhibitors need to be completely moved out by 2:00pm Saturday 27 July.
- All product and stand dressing materials must be removed by 7.00pm on Friday 26 July . If you have any issues complying with this time please see the Exhibitor Services Desk prior to the exhibition close.
- All WH&S regulations on move in will also be enforced for move out.
- All Space Only Exhibitors have been allocated a move-out time. If you have not been received a copy of the schedule please contact Matthew Verdolini at Agility.
- Only vehicles over 1.8m high can access the loading dock, all other vehicles will be redirected to the ICC Sydney car park. Vehicles under 1.8m can access the hall from the ICC Car Park utilising lift 6 and 15 only.
In the interest of safety and convenience also take note of the following:
- Allow sufficient time and don’t rush.
- It is strongly recommended that all valuable items be removed first.
- Follow the directions of the security guards and allow them to do their job.
- Wear your exhibitor badge at all times.
Stock to be collected should be boxed and left in the middle of your stand with clear instructions, a contact name and mobile number of the person collecting the items. Items not clearly labeled will be regarded as rubbish and may be disposed of. Alternatively, goods may be stored with Agility Fairs and Events at the cost of the exhibitor.